Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Should I be worried that there is something on my record that I don't know about?

My friend recently got pulled over because her car apparently has a warrant out on it. They let her go and instructed her to switch her car's title to her name (she purchased the car from another owner many years ago, and never changed the title name). She asked what the warrant was for and they said the record showed that in 2005, I was involved with the car. The only incident with the car that I was involved in was in 2005, I borrowed her car to get to work. I got pulled over because her tags expired. Unknown to me, my license had been suspended at that point because of overdue parking tickets on my car- so they impounded her vehicle and revoked my license. I then, paid for her car to taken out of the impound and payed all my dues and I then received a new license. Since then, I have moved and even purchased a new car from a dealership in my name. I don't believe there is anything pending with her car. But I am concerned. What should I do?

0 comments:

Post a Comment