Monday, August 8, 2011

Will an upgrade to windows 7 fix a windows vista update reboot loop?

My computer running Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit is stuck in an endless reboot loop after displaying "Installing Updates: Step 3 of 3. 0%". I checked online and it said the reboot loop is caused by a faulty update. The official fix for it was booting from the original install DVD and then using system restore to go back to an earlier point. The problem is that my computer didn't find any points to restore from and I am now stuck with a rebooting computer that won't let me access any of my files or even get to the login screen. I was wondering, if I perform an upgrade (NOT a clean install) from windows vista to windows 7, will it fix the reboot loop? Supposedly I can just boot from the windows 7 Install DVD without logging into vista. I cannot do a clean install or a reinstall of vista because I have all my music and documents that aren't backed up. please help. Any other working fixes for this problem are also appreciated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment