Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My girlfriend says im not spontaneous enough and shes not happy with me, and i dont know what to do. advice?

My girlfriend and I have been together for 10 months. in the beginning i was her "knight in shining armor". she loved everything about me. I met her right after a bad break up and was her saving grace. Though there was drama involving her ex for a while that isnt an issue anymore. I wasnt much for talking on the phone and i was a big texter, but being with her i have changed all that up. we would talk all the time and video chat on oovoo and i did everything to make sure she was happy. we started off going to school 3 and a half hours away from each other, but we saw each other every couple of weeks. She would drive down and I would drive up there (even though it was during basketball season). next year she is transferring to the same school as me because she said that the relationship wouldnt work with us being apart like that for much longer. now that it is summer, we were seeing each other a lot more. whenever she comes to my apartment i cook for her, take her out to eat, and even take her to a clothing store she likes. and i always ask her what is it that i can do better and she ALWAYS says that everything is great. now recently, things have gone south. she seems distant, and she wont let me know what is on her mind when i am positive something is wrong. her facebook status basically says that she is bored with the people around her and where she is in life, and she needs new people, new places, new faces, ect. I see this and ask whats wrong, and I get no response. I tell her if she doesn’t want to talk about it to just say so, if she needs space just say so, just keep me in the loop, and still nothing. obviously I assume the worst. I finally get her to tell me whats wrong (getting her to talk to me is like trying to squeeze water out of a rock). She said that I am not spontaneous enough for her. I like to plan things out and be structured and she likes to just wake up and do things. She said that she loves me, but she wants to do more, go places, etc. I am in summer school and during the week I am busy but I have weekends free. However instead of just TELLING me the problem she will just sit and not say anything. With all that said, I tell her I love her all the time, take her nice places, do nice things, treat her better than anyone has or ever will, the sex is good (and yes im sure she is not faking it), her parents adore me, I do everything right in my eyes. I even chose to stay at my apartment because there was a chance thatshe would be here instead of going on a road trip with my friends, yet she tells me that I made the wrong choice?? I play basketball and plan on going to dental school after I graduate so that I can become a dentist. So I am a pretty busy guy bbut any speck of free time I get is spent with her or about her. She wants to travel all over the place and she cant even afford it! She wants to go all these places and do all these things and she doesn’t even make more that $200 a week! I don’t get how you can want to travel but you don’t know how you are going to pay your room and board for the fall…it baffles me. With all that said I really don’t know what to think or what to do anymore and I am badly in need of some advice…

0 comments:

Post a Comment