Monday, August 8, 2011

How do I get out of my lease? My roommate sucks!?

I have a year lease with my roommate who is disrespectful, he even lied about paying the utilities to the landlord and when I asked about it my landlord said he never did, he takes my things without asking, he even was responsible for taking my new car while having a revoked license and getting my car impounded! He never pays the rent on time, steals my money and lies about everything. This is someone I've known for 11 years and since we moved in together I feel like he's lied to me about sooooo much stuff because nothing adds up that he tells me. I am allowed to sublet my room out but he says that he doesnt want to live with someone he doesn't know (understandable) so he will pay the full amount and I can move out and find my own place. How can I legally protect myself? Also my landlord has left the country until the end of summer and I'd like to move ASAP!

0 comments:

Post a Comment