Monday, August 8, 2011

Can I request a hearing if my tags are revoked?

I just went through a divorce. My ex and I agreed to same on the same policy until June when it ended as it was cheaper. The car has both our names on it but I kept the car after the divorce, I completely forget about trying to change the registration address to my new one. My ex failed to pay child support for 2 months (which he has to go to court for) so without telling me he didn't pay the insurance and there was a lapse. I do have insurance coverage on my car now that I set up prior to find all this out. I never recieved any notification about the insurance being dropped which I know is ignorant on my part but I would of immediately of put insurance of the car if I had recieved the notification. In NC they can take your license plate away for 30 days as a penalty. Is there any way I can fight this and just pay the penalty. The car is the only mode of transportation for my 2 and 4 year old. Also will they put a stop on revoking my tags when if I can request a hearing?

0 comments:

Post a Comment