Thursday, August 4, 2011

Have a huge mistake in my green card and need to be fixed before applying for citizenship?

iam an egyptian citizen that lives in the US since end of 2006, i used to live in egypt at the time my dad was livin here in the US, my dad is a green card holder and he petitioned for me to immigrate to the US back in 2006 when i was 19 years old, my case was (unmarried child under 21 of a permanent resident parent) it usually takes up to 3 years process, my dad recieved the confirmation from the immigration then from there we waited till i get my interview after 3 years, all of the sudden like within a month my dad recieved a letter to pay a visa fee cuz the immigration already processed the application, we were surprised cuz we knew that it has to take up to 3 years process and not just 30 days, my dad went to the attorny and paid the fees, a few month after that the immigration requested my personal documents from my dad to submit like BIRTH CERTIFICATE, SCHOOL CERTIFICATE, POLICE RECORD....etc.. which my dad had submited, finally i recieved my interview letter in egypt which i went to the amirican embassy in egypt to do my interview and obtain my green card Visa to immigrate to the US, i couldnt believe that it took way less time then what it suppose to take, but i still went and met the interviewer and every thing went fine, he didnt really ask me much question then he just made me sign some papers and give him my passport, i recieved my visa and then finally came to the US end of 2006 and recieved my green card in the mail, my dad then decided to leave the US and relax in Egypt cuz he started to be ill, he had left me all the personal documents for my case and some other miscillinious, one day i checked these documents till i discovered the BIG shocking, i found the that the immigration had mistakely issued another case beside the one that i originally had and it was ( unmarried child under 21 of a US CITIZEN parent), my did never had a US CITIZEN, and when i asked him about that he said he didnt know what that is and he had submited the application tellin the truth that he is a Green card holder and he submited a copy of his green card to the immigration, so now i came to the US as iam a son of a US citizen dad which is not true, i didnt know what to do i never lied to them and so is my dad, its A HUGE immigration mistake, but here iam in the US for almost 5 years, iam now about to apply for my US citizenship and iam really worring if i do so cuz they will have to open my file and they find out that my dad was just a parmanent and not a citizen, my dad now passed the way last year and if i get my green card revoked i might face a deportation, i really dont know what to do to correct this, it wasnt even my fault or my dad, its the immigration, so please suggest what to do?

0 comments:

Post a Comment