Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Driving without insurance. Will I lose my license?

So I have a question regarding an accident I had today. Today I was hit by a tractor trailer truck on my way to work. (Being his fault completely.) My front end is completely torn off. His truck had no damage at all. The thing is, I have no insurance. Im 18, live on my own, have a full time job, and go to school. I have had no speeding tickets, or any accidents on my record in which I was at fault. I have had my lisence for over a year. The police officer thankfully did not ticket me on the spot when I admitted to him that my policy was no longer valid due to bills that I havn't been able to keep up with. He told me he could technically write me a ticket and suspend my lisence, but thankfully he gave me a break. However he said when it goes through DMV, they may chose to revoke it. This leaves me with a few questions. One, will the other driver have to pay for my damage even though I have no insurance company to fight for me. Two, will the DMV likely revoke and if so can I get a conditional work lisence. And lastly, if I restart my insurance company today (although it wont change the situation with this accident.) If and when I do go to court to get my lisence revoked, will it help in my favor?

0 comments:

Post a Comment